2023-2024 Dual Credit High School Instructor Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word); Microsoft for Business Applications
Current Madison College employees must apply to the internal career site by logging into Workday
Job Posting Date:
October 27, 2022
Salary and benefits are not provided.
Early College Partnerships
Madison College is recruiting a pool of qualified licensed current high school teachers, who meet the Higher Learning Commission and College requirements, to teach the dual credit/concurrent enrollment courses in the high schools. Applications are accepted on a continuous basis, but first review will be in December 2022 for classes beginning the upcoming 2023 fall semester. This position will close for submission on February 28, 2023.
Organizational Functions and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for the delivery of college courses in the high school setting. This includes following the college curriculum, implementing effective learning strategies, delivering instruction of college-level courses, assessing student learning based on college standards, and participating in college activities at the center/department level.
This position reports to the Dean of the School of Business and Applied Arts and the Dean of Early College and Workforce Strategy.
The following duties are typically expected for this position:
- Responsible for instruction of courses through the Early College Achievement Program (ECAP).
- Assist in providing academic and career planning as it relates to the college dual credit course and pathways.
- Develop and plan appropriate instructional strategies in collaboration with college faculty mentor.
- Participate in all required dual credit training and required ECAP Workshop and other meetings as determined.
- Assist and advise students who have problems with assignments, tests, grades, course content, and other academic matters in collaboration with college faculty mentor.
- Comply with college policies and directions regarding student testing, record keeping, advanced standing, providing grades on a timely basis, evaluating student performance, and offering student support for their academic needs.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the college's mission, vision, and values.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of current educational methods and strategies, including learner-centered instruction, assessment, evaluation and collaborative techniques and strategies that address closing the gap in student access and achievement across race, gender and disability.
- Skilled in the use of educational technology.
- Knowledge and ability to infuse multicultural perspectives into course content and delivery.
- Skilled in communications and human relations with population having diverse socio-economic and racial backgrounds, as well as individuals with disabilities.
Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Master's degree in Business, Business Administration, Business Education, or a related field; AND Two (2) years or 4,000 hours of experience in an administrative professional, medical administrative professional, office manager, or other administrative position; OR
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Business Administration, Business Education, or a related field; AND Three (3) years or 6,000 hours of experience in an administrative professional, medical administrative professional, office manager, or other administrative position.
- DPI License 250, 1250, 1281, 8002, or 8003
Note: At least 1 year of occupational work experience (2,000 hours) must be within 5 years prior to the date of appointment (this can be waived if the instructor has at least 2 years of post-secondary teaching experience in the field within the previous 5 years)
The implementation of concurrent enrollment classes at your high school is an approximate 18-month process. Your application will be reviewed by end of March 2023, and you will be notified at that time if you meet the necessary requirements to teach Early College Achievement Program (ECAP) course/s at your high school the following fall. Content-specific training will occur during the spring/summer months. Renewal to teach concurrent enrollment classes is on an annual basis. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all processes and procedures at the high school have been followed in order to implement concurrent enrollment courses; the college is not responsible for internal high school business processes.
An application is considered incomplete without the following required attachments:
- Resume documenting related workforce experience as well as direct teaching experience
- Copy of DPI license
Submission and receipt of this material does not infer acceptance as an Early College Achievement Program (ECAP) instructor.
If you are experiencing application issues please contact the HR hotline, (608) 246-6900.
To ensure that emails from us regarding your application do not go to your spam folder, please add the @madisoncollege.edu domain as a safe sender in your email.
Madison Area Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or activities. Madison College offers degrees, diplomas, apprenticeships and certificates in Architecture & Engineering; Arts, Design & Humanities; Business; Construction, Manufacturing & Maintenance; Culinary, Hospitality & Fitness; Education & Social Services; Health Sciences; Information Technology; Law, Protective & Human Services; Science, Math & Natural Resources; and Transportation. Admissions criteria vary by program and are available by calling our Enrollment Office at (608) 246-6210 or (800) 322-6282 Ext. 6210. The following person has been designated to coordinate Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and to handle inquiries regarding the college's nondiscrimination policies: Lisa Muchka, Compliance Coordinator, 1701 Wright Street, Madison, WI 53704 (608) 246.5221
To apply, visit https://madisoncollege.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/jobsatMadisonCollege/job/XMLNAME-2023-2024-Dual-Credit-High-School-Instructor---Microsoft-Office-Suite--Access--Excel--PowerPoint--Word-_R0004320
Welcome! Thank you for visiting our career site, where Madison College is committed to matching talent to opportunity. We are known for our real-world, smart approach to learning - offering students innovative, high-tech career pathways and college transfer opportunities with more than 150 programs to choose from. Madison College is a great place to work and has been for over 100 years, serving more than 33,000 students in 12 south-central Wisconsin counties. The College offers generous salaries, benefits, and an inspiring work environment. Employees enjoy a culture dedicated to lifelong learning, wellness and inclusiveness.
Take some time and look around - once you've have a chance to explore our current opportunities, apply to the ones you feel best suit your interests, background and experiences. Thereafter, you can keep track of your application status and watch for new opportunities that might be of interest to you.
Along with our competitive wages, check out the benefits that we offer: https://madisoncollege.edu/careers
Learn More about Madison College: https://madisoncollege.edu/about
As part of the application process, finalists will undergo a background check including criminal history, educational verification, and references. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify you from employment. All cases are considered on an individual basis, and the offense will be compared to the position for which you are applying.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency